The Tompkins Chamber is proud to host a virtual panel discussion with
Dr. Aaron Rakow, Executive Director of the MindWell Center
and Dr. Geoffrey Moore, former chair (eight years of service) of the Preventive Medicine and Family Health committee of the Medical Society of the State of New York
In Dr. Rakow's presentation, attendees will benefit from strategies designed to (1) identify needs (2) boost morale, (3) reduce burnout and fatigue, and (4) support a sense of organizational cohesiveness. Specifically, employers and HR professionals will be provided with an introduction to the building blocks needed to more effectively support the mental health and wellness of the teams they represent and how to effectively evaluate organizational and employee wellness. Specific topics will include
- Identification of positive ways to work through stress at work
- How to promote healthy relationships within the workplace
- How to avoid negative thinking traps
- Relevant evidence-based mental health and wellness resources available in our region
In Dr. Moore’s portion of the presentation, attendees will learn about
- The role of social factors in driving disease burden
- Direct and indirect health care costs
- Various stakeholder perspectives on our complex health care system
Participants will be provided with a conceptual framework for understanding and overcoming that complexity in order to help employees, and consequently their employers, to thrive.
Come prepared to learn from experienced Community experts, and bring your questions for the panelists.
Please feel free to visit the Chamber's COVID-19 Business Resources
page where you will find up to date information and tools to help you, your business/organization, and your employees.